Monday, July 8, 2013

c's 27th week

My time at home is slowly running out and I am not sure how I feel about it.  Ok...who am I kidding.  I totally am sad that I've got to head back to work in August, but at the same time I'm so VERY, VERY thankful for having had so much time off to be with C.  We are down to our last month together at home and I'm working on enjoying every minute of it.

This week has definitely had it's ups and downs.  One of the ups is that C still loves his new high chair and enjoys sitting at the table with us.  He never fusses when he's put into it and is happy to stay in his chair for quite a while.  Usually we feed C first and then the family has dinner while he plays with his toys and watches us eat.  It'll be exciting when we get to a point of feeding him real foods and not just the pureed stuff.  Although I don't think I'll be ready for all of the mess that comes with it!

This week C also enjoyed some homemade apple sauce, which he really likes.  I may or may not have stollen a few bites for myself! I'll have to start making bigger batches in the future.  Another big thing that happened was that C found his penis! That's right...changing his diaper has just gotten way more dangerous.  HA! I now throw a wipe over it so that C grabs the wipe instead and do my best to distract him because it is just ew... :)

On the downs, C has been just a bit more fussy this week.  It could be due to his potential teething (one of these days a tooth had better come out as I've mentioned teething for way too long now) or it could be due to his crap sleeping.  Whatever the reason, he is just not as smiley as usual and has begun to cry/get upset at times other than when he is tired or hungry.  As for his sleeping, it is still crap, which means he is still sleeping with us, going to bed late, waking up repeatedly, and napping terribly.  Fun times.

But to end on a happy note, C has a new adorable smile where he presses his lips together and grins.  It is just adorable!

Day 183 (7/2)
We are all loving C's new highchair.  Also check out the new smile in the bottom right corner.  To cute!

Day 184
Sitting in the back of a truck from the car park to the hospital for his 6 month vaccines.  C loved it! 
Also I finally gave him a bath after a very long hiatus....it was quite the workout!

Day 185 (7/4)
Happy 4th of July! 

Day 186
Loving his fun bath toys! He tries to chew on the elephants to make them squeak.  So funny!

Day 187
Out on a shopping trip...thankfully I didn't need much as his car seat took up all the space!

Day 188 (7/7)
Happy 2nd Anniversary Matt!

Day 189
Check out those lips, the BLUE eyes, and the chins on him! WOWZERS! 


...Things to Remember...
- C had applesauce that I made! YAY! It was delicious if I do say so myself....
- C is now a man as he has found his penis.  He tries to grab at it when we change his diaper and even when he is just hanging out.  It is really funny to see as he just hits that area over his clothes.  It's like he's patting it to make sure it is still there.  HA!
- On a personal note, I have lost weight and am even less than I was before getting pregnant! So not a lot less, but less is all that counts, right? That said, the baby GUT (belly just doesn't do it justice) is still ever present and I figure it is time to start working out because it has got to GO! So help me find the motivation please as all I want to do is NOT exercise and eat sweets! 

(Linking up with P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday, Our World TuesdayTuesdays Around The WorldLittle Things Thursday, 
Che and FidelPhoto Story Friday, Favorite Photo Friday, and Sunday Snapshot.)

3 comments:

  1. Love love love C's Laker uniform...very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute. Sorry you have to go back to work soon but it is nice you've had a lot of time with your little man before you had to return to the office.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo