Week 25 was a rough week for our little family. C was still quarantined due to the chicken pox. Though he had a fair number of spots, he didn't seem to be bothered by it at all, which we feel so blessed by. At this point, he was seemed to be getting better and the spots were slowly drying up and fading. On the other hand, I came down with who knows what and was out of commission for a number of days. It all started with a really sore throat, which is putting it lightly as I seriously had so much pain from just swallowing water. After a whole day of the pain, I was getting thirsty and hungry, so off to the doctor we went. He prescribed some antibiotics that left my fingertips and feet tingly and spotty, so I stopped taking the meds. However, I still couldn't swallow, so I went to a different doctor who prescribed me different antibiotics that left me with severe stomach and chest pains, so I immediately stopped taking those. By this point, my sore throat was getting better, which led me to quit with all meds and hope that my body would heal itself. Thankfully it worked! Needless to say, with this all happening, it was so nice to finally feel well enough to leave the house over the weekend and get reconnected with the world.
Onto some good news though, C had a couple of firsts this week. He tried broccoli for the first time and really seemed to like the taste of it. Honestly though...what foods doesn't he like?!? C also has been sitting up like a champ this week! It is cool to watch him sit up on his own for a small amount of time as it makes us really aware of him growing up. That said, he does still need some assistance as there are still times when he is a bit wobbly, but he is definitely getting better at it. With help or not, C really seems to like the change in scenery when he sits up as it gives him a chance to look around and let me just say that it is pretty stinkin' adorable watching him sit up like a big boy.
Day 169 (6/18)
C LOVES the wind chime outside Apo's house. He gets a big old smile on his face when he hears it.
Eating some rice with broccoli. He is too beautiful!
Not wanting to eat and not looking quite as beautiful this day! :)
The bumbo has been fabulous, but we are ready to transition to a high chair
soon as C's thighs are getting a wee bit too big for it!
Daddy has the magic touch and is able to put C to sleep without the use of milk!
Here, C fell asleep on Matt while he was working on his laptop.
Sitting up with some assistance. Granted it was on a tree trunk and he'd just woken up, so not the best time to try to have him sit on his own! Oops!
A really terrible photo at a restaurant. C loves mirrors and laughs every time he sees himself.
Chicken pox spots are almost gone, but then C had to go and get a bug bite on the middle of his forehead. We called it his third eye! Poor guy seems to have my ultra sensitive skin.
...Things to Remember...
- C tried broccoli for the first time this week.
- C is now able to sit up unassisted! WOHOO!
- The chicken pox was better this week and C was able to finally leave the house.
- There are a couple of things/games C just loves these days that will get him smiling up a storm or laughing. He loves it when we put our hands above him and lower it down like a claw. He just shrieks with delight. He also really loves looking at himself in the mirror and tries to reach for himself. Too funny! C also loves checking out lights and fans and will seriously just crack up when he sees certain ones. What a silly dude!
- On a personal note, since I was so sick this week, Matt took over the night time feeds for one night and found it super exhausting! It was so nice to be able to not have to get up during the night to feed C and to be so appreciated after the fact. :)