Wednesday, December 26, 2012

cookie exchange

This year I was invited to a Christmas Cookie Exchange and decided to participate after LOTS of humming and hawing.  The reason for all of the hesitation was because I hadn't baked cookies from scratch since probably high-school, so being nervous about sharing cookies with other ladies is a HUGE understatement.  

In order to get myself ready, I scoped out TONS of recipes online.  After lots and lots of deliberation, I finally went with one that didn't sound super complicated.  I did a trial run the week before with Matt and my mom watching and cheering me on.  The cookies turned out well and my confidence was back! 

The weekend before was a baking weekend and I made close to 200 cookies all by myself.  Here's a recipe for those of you who want to try it out! :) 

Chewy Coconut Cookies

Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

My cute packaging and the Christmas Cards!

Chewy Coconut (Chocolate Chip) Cookies from Baked Perfection
recipe from allrecipes.com

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cups flaked coconut1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.  In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.  Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then gently mix in the coconut and chocolate chips.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8 - 10 minuted in preheated oven, or until lightly browned.  Cool on wire racks.  (The only change I made was to leave my cookies in the oven for about 11 minutes instead.)

The Cookie Exchange was really fun.  I met a bunch of lovely ladies and enjoyed socializing with them all.  It was really nice to meet new people and I look forward to hopefully getting to know them more and spending time with them in other settings.  Also leaving with a ton of tasty cookies wasn't so shabby either! :)  


All the ladies and yes, the three of us sitting are all pregnant! 
(Courtesy of Keisha!)

(Linking up with P52)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo