Friday, October 26, 2012

weeks 12 - 17

I decided to take weekly pictures to remember what I once looked liketo one day use against baby, I mean to keep track of the amazing changes I am lucky enough to go through and experience! I started with week 12 because this is supposed to be the point in which baby is safe and healthy and the chances of anything negative happening is supposed to be reduced.  I also decided to wear my black singlet for these pictures so that you can see and appreciate the full growth of my belly.

Week 12 and 13 concluded the end of the first trimester.  Week 12 was a big week as it was the last week of school and also the week in which we moved from HK to CNX (Chiang Mai).  I powered through a lot of events and was absolutely exhausted once we got home to CNX.  Week 13 was a changing point for us as we began living at home with my mom.  She took (and is taking) great care of us and I was slowly able to eat healthier foods from this point.  I still was extremely exhausted all the time and quite nauseous, but at least I was getting some vegetables and fruits into my body.

Weeks 14 - 17 marked the fourth month of this pregnancy.  Luckily we were on summer break during this time as I did a whole lot of nothing! I got caught up on NCIS and finally finished all 8 seasons.  I slept a lot, watched more terrible TV, and reacquainted myself to life in Chiang Mai.  




** Some Highlights **
Symptoms: Nausea, morning (all day) sickness, exhaustion and needing lots of sleep, breaking out badly on my face, a slight increase in my appetite, and a bit of back pain.
Total Weight Gain: About 2 kg
Cravings: Towards the end of month four, I really enjoyed Mexican food.
Maternity Clothes: Still able to wear my normal clothes!
Wedding Ring: On
Sleep: Great
Belly Button: Normal (half innie & half outie...the doc didn't do a good job on me!)
Others: We still don't know what gender baby is and are getting super excited to find out.  Baby got to go on a plane for the first time this month!
Fun Story: I went on a swimming field trip with my students during the last week of school.  The kids begged me to go down a slide with them, and not thinking anything of it, I did.  It was an itty-bitty slide that I actually hopped off of when I got to the bottom.  That said, the moms that were chaperoning got on me and would not allow me on another slide as apparently it can be very dangerous for baby.  Oops!

4 comments:

  1. Hey congratulations!!! That's so exciting! What a way to celebrate getting back to life in Chiang Mai! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jade! The timing couldn't have been any more perfect if we had tried to plan it out. By the way, I'm totally jealous of your trip back "home" to California. Enjoy some Chipotle and In N Out for me please...ok, and maybe even Del Taco or Taco Bell too! I'll stop now as the list of foods to eat could be super long! HA! :)

      Delete
  2. where is the baby???? you are so little :)You look beautiful as always!! so excited for you. You are going to love having a kid around;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! Do you see the baby now that I'm showing the pics from week 30?!? All I need is to find a photographer willing to come on a holiday to Thailand in January...hmm..! :) I'm gonna work on buying some props and getting a little area prepped so that I can try to get some good shots of baby during the first week when he arrives. Any suggestions and tips are totally welcome! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo