Tuesday, February 14, 2012

my valentine

Happy Valentine's Day to my Valentine, Matt!
I love you dear! xoxo

This is a little bit old, but I haven't taken any self-portraits of us recently.  
Terrible, I know.


So for Valentine's Day this year, we thought we'd just keep it low key.  After all, shouldn't we be showing each other how much we love one another on a daily basis? What makes today so special? We said no gifts and made plans to simply come home and cook dinner together while just enjoying each others company.  

We did stay home, but the rest didn't work out so well.  I thought I'd surprise Matt with some small gifts and he bought something for me too...just in case.  He knows me so well and had a book for me and some delicious appetizers ready in the fridge.  We dined on prosciutto, bread sticks, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella,  and 2 other types of cheese, as well as a lovely chianti.  It was awesome and perfect!

I love my husband and am so thankful to have such an amazing and thoughtful man to call my own! :)

 Lots of flowers being sold at the flower market below.
It is crazy just how expensive everything was for Valentine's Day.

D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.

 I'm such a sucker and totally got this for Matt.
The mug changes when there is hot water in it.  I know...I'm a nerd.

(Linking up with Tuesdays Around the World)
(Linking up with Sweet Shot Tuesday)

2 comments:

  1. The food looks delicious and the evening sounds perfect and you 2 look wonderful together.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree, as it really was perfect. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo