Sunday, September 11, 2011

honeymoon sneak peak

Three days after our wedding in Chiang Mai, we got on a plane and headed to England for the first stage of our five week long honeymoon.  We went on a really long, extended, and quite extensive honeymoon.  It was amazing, eye-opening, and kind of exhausting by the end of it! We had a fabulous time.

We left Chiang Mai for Bangkok on July 11th and then caught a very late flight to England.  We were in England from July 11th to July 16th.  Then on the 16th, we flew to Holland and were there from July 16th to July 20th.  We took a train on the 20th to France and were in France until July 27th.  On the 27th, we flew into Spain.  We stayed in Spain until July 31st.  Then on the 31st, we flew into Italy.  We spent July 31st until August 14th in Italy.  On the 14th, we flew back to Bangkok, where we stayed for a couple of days until our flight back to Hong Kong on August 16th.  Whew!

We were in a total of 8 countries from start to finish: Thailand, England, Holland, France, Spain, Italy, the Vatican, and Hong Kong.  Even more impressive is the number of places we went to including: Chiang Mai, Bangkok, London, Oxford, Windsor, Aylesbury, Stonehenge, Amsterdam, Paris, Mont St. Michel, Barcelona, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre (consisting of five villages/towns), Pisa, Sienna, Rome, the Vatican, and of course Hong Kong.  Just writing this makes me tired!

It was an amazing trip and I'm so thankful that we were able to go on it.  I was able to see so much and enjoyed it all.  I loved the sights, the people, the food (although I still can't eat pizza), and most of all the company! :)

On this trip, I took well over 5000 pictures.  Are you impressed? I could have taken so many more, but I did manage to look at some of the sights without a camera lens in front of my eyes.  With all of these pictures, I need to be able to share some of them with ya'll.  Be on the lookout for posts on each country so that I can share even more pictures.  Hopefully these pictures will get you coming back for more! :)

England!

The Netherlands!

France!

Spain!

Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo