Saturday, June 11, 2011

art jamming

A bunch of colleagues friends from work and I went out to an art jamming session the other day.  What is art jamming you ask? Well, art jamming is when you go to an art studio and let your inner creative self come out and play for a few hours.  It is for anyone who wants to enjoy some music while expressing oneself on an empty canvas.  The studio we went to supplied us each with a canvas, acrylic paints, brushes, and different tools we could use.

Let me start by saying that I am NOT an artist.  My brother (the lucky guy) got all the artistic genes in the family.  He can create all kinds of magic with his hands.  I am not that fortunate.  I grew up with a stock image I could draw if it was demanded of me.  Yes, there was a beautiful house with chimney and brick path, trees and flowers on the sides, birds and butterflies flying in the sky, and of course the sun sitting at the corner amidst puffy clouds.  I got real good at this and could do variations to keep things interesting.  I occasionally added mountains in the background, rainbows in the sky, and even a pond with some fish or ducks.  So as you can see, my artistic abilities are truly limited.

So this art jamming thing sounded really fun initially to me.  A great time to go out and just hang out with friends.  Enjoy some girl time while drinking booze (yes...I was CRUSHED when I found out I had to paint sober...ha!).  The day before though I was all kinds of stressed out.  What was I going to paint for 3 hours?!? Thankfully I am a take charge kind of gal (occasionally) or rather a perfectionist, so I decided to print off some lovely paintings on the web of things I thought I could replicate or at least attempt to replicate.  After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Needless to say, we all had lots of fun.  I enjoyed myself immensely.  The painting was good, but the company was even better! We had an evening filled with paint, food, and lots of laughter.

My masterpiece! 
I love elephants and I used our wedding colors.
Can you figure out which is Matt and which is me?!? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo