Friday, March 9, 2012

be still

The P52 theme this week is be still.  This theme actually served as a great reminder to make time to be still and not always feel the need to rush around and do things all of the time.  It's okay to take time out and read a book, nap, and be lazy in front of the TV or computer.

This past weekend, my husband was away in Thailand for a boys weekend, so I totally embraced my time alone by being still and staying in for most of the weekend.  I went out for some breakfast on Saturday and then didn't leave the house until Sunday evening.  What did I do that whole time? I read 3 books, watched a lot of episodes of NCIS, and got caught up on blogs, e-mails, and laundry.  What I didn't do? I didn't do work for school, I didn't worry, and I didn't shower.  :) It was kind of nice!


I had to take a bite out when it was still hot.  Delicious!

Relaxing peppermint oils

I read book 2 and 3 in The Hunger Games series on Saturday as well as finishing 
Battle Hymns of the Tiger Mother.  I enjoyed all of the books and would totally recommend them!

My husband is the best.  
Before leaving for his trip, he left me the roses, note, and twix for me!

12 comments:

  1. I loved Hunger Games too!

    I just featured your Buddha photo on my blog, go check it out, and thanks again!
    http://krisgal.blogspot.com/2012/03/have-happy-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color on the tarts. I would love the recipe! Hunger Games is one of my favorite series ever. I couldn't make myself stop reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tarts are delicious, but sadly I do not know how to make them. If I ever do, I will make sure to share it with you! :)

      Delete
  3. Yum! I love weekends alone with the house all to myself!Being able to lounge in PJ's all day, read, eat food I love, divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome weekend! The Hunger Games trilogy is perfect for a quiet weekend! Good for you for relaxing and "being still"...I'm hoping for some of that next week in Indonesia for spring break! Of course, I'll have 40 middle schoolers with me and we're there for a mission trip, but I'm hoping for some "still" time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have some still time too with so many kids around! :) I hope the missions trip goes well and that the kids learn a lot from the experience! :)

      Delete
  5. The egg tarts look delicious! I long for a weekend of being STILL and doing NOTHING of importance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so tasty...definitely something you must try if you are ever in Hong Kong! :)

      Delete

  6. · We have different cultures ... so your photos are very interesting for me.

    · greetings

    TornCrystal & TheAbsentGaze
    ________________________________
    ·

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more with you! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo