Tuesday, July 27, 2010

28th birthday

I don’t like celebrating my birthday.  Don’t get me wrong though.  I do love birthdays and celebrating peoples birthdays…just not my own.  I used to love it and I couldn’t wait for it, but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve not enjoyed it as much.  The problem is that when it comes time to plan my own birthday party, I tend to stress out and worry about what everyone else around me wants.  This just takes away from the whole experience as I end up trying to please the people in my life at the time.

Due to all of this, I didn’t plan anything for my birthday this year and decided to just skip it.  Thankfully I have an amazing boyfriend and some pretty wonderful friends who wouldn’t let it go and got me to go out and enjoy my special day.   I had a perfectly low-key day with Matt, Angie, and Morten.  We met up for lunch at Isola, a fabulous restaurant overlooking the skyline of Kowloon.  Then we walked around and shopped a bit.  Finally Matt and I took the ferry over from Central to TST, which was something we had not done before.  All in all, it was a truly wonderful day and a great start to a fabulous new year of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo